According to CBS Seattle News Center, lay-offs at the Oregon State Police Dept., a move allowing the Josephine County Sheriff’s Office to Protect and Serve Only Monday thru Friday, led to a woman being violently sexually assaulted by a man breaking into her house. As a result, a woman calling for police protection was refused service. “If he comes inside the residence and assaults you, can you ask him to go away?” responded the dispatcher. http://tiny.iavian.net/10he
My fellow readers, as an individual who has built an entire company, Rapid Fire Bunker (R.F. Bunker) out of supplying protection, gear, equipment and peace-of-mind for my community, friends and family – this article strikes a cord on a whole new level. Let’s take this one issue at a time:
1) Since when does budget cuts provide a two weekend day reprieve for our men and women who take a vow to Protect and Serve the communities of our great nation? Last time I checked, crime and disaster does not take a holiday despite budget cut backs.
2) “Ask him to go away”. This comment from the dispatcher was inexcusable and grounds for immediate termination. There is a myriad of suggestions that the dispatcher should have given instead of “Ask the predator to go away”. a) Dispatcher could have called the Fire Department in an effort to send help to the victim. b) Dispatcher could have suggested running from the house to a friend or neighbor for help and protection. c) Dispatcher could have suggested melting a frying pan full of butter on the stove (to use on the predator)and finding a hiding in the kitchen. d) Dispatcher could have questioned if the victim had Mace, Pepper spray, a knife or other weapon that she could have protected herself with as the predator was breaking into her house… But Asking a potential Victim of Sexual Assualt if they can “Ask the predator to go away”, ranks right up there with urinating on ones self or vomitting on ones self http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/20/justice/colorado-rape-prevention-guidelines as a means of protecting against such a violent crime.
3) Our Men and Women in Law Enforcement put their lives on the line for our communities, yet continue to be pulled in different directions. There are not enough of them to fight crime in every community. We the people can not expect them to be available during every report of crime perpetrated on us as a community or individual. Remember this: These amazing individuals have families too! They put their lives on the line daily, with dwindling ammunition for training and protection. They put their lives on the line daily, as budget cut backs come down from broken financial systems and dysfunctional leadership. We the people of the United States must remember that protecting ourselves is our first line of defense from predators, terrorists and natural disasters. Could this violent crime and unfortunate representation from the dispatcher been avoided if our distant friend would have had protection in her home to fight off the predator? Would this unfortunate event have even occurred if the predator was made aware that this woman had materials to protect herself against any unwanted entry into her home?
Don’t wait until an unexpected event is breaking down your door…Protect yourself! Have a baseball bat, firearm, mace, pepper spray, anything that will protect you and your home against unwanted intruders. Do not wait for the police to arrive to protect yourself. Do not wait for the police to protect you in an immediate violent situation. Every second counts during unexpected emergencies…think ahead and begin protecting yourself, your family, and your community.
Keep Calm and Carry On
Contratulations Christine Fenimore!
Rapid Fire Bunker is proud to present you with your new 72 hour Waterbrick and 234 Piece First Aid Kit.
During the First Aid Room Open House, Rapid Fire Bunker had a drawing give-away for a new 72 hour Waterbrick and 234 Piece First Aid Kit. We thank all the participants and encourage you to follow our facebook postings for more give-aways!
Rapid Fire Bunker carries a large selection of First Aid, Trauma, Triage, Search & Rescue supplies. During Emergency situations, it is essential to stock up on First Aid in your vehicle and at home to accomodate any unexpected disasters.
Rapid Fire Bunker prides itself on being the most reliable Retail Emergency Preparedness supplier-under one roof- in the Country.
George gave Rapid Fire Bunker (The Bunker) and its team the encouragement and strength to build the Bunker and continue the legacy of helping others find security and protection with Emergency Preparedness and preparing for the unexpected. George spent the last year of his life building 72 hour bags and first aid kits for his loved ones, knowing he would not be the one there to protect them. He spent countless hours teaching and sharing survival secrets with his closest friends and family as a method of keeping them safe.
We honor our friend today. We thank him for the inspiration and bravery that he shared with us.
Rapid Fire Bunker carries on his legacy in our community, our country and throughout the world. Thank you George Dorry for helping us find our purpose and giving life and honor to Rapid Fire Bunker.
We love you and miss you dearly.
Keep Calm and Carry On my dear Friend.
When the April 2013 Issue of Popular Mechanics, one of America’s leading Tech-Savvy magazines, runs a cover story on “Survive Anything – 52 Disaster Tactics”, you know the topic is important. Nine pages of information encompassing being prepared for natural disasters such as Tornadoes, Floods, Blizzards, Wildfires and Hurricanes provides a road map for the uninformed.
Operating Rapid Fire Bunker, Colorado’s fastest growing Emergency Preparedness Store, we encounter questions about dealing with a variety of unexpected disasters. We continue to remind people that they spend thousands r of dollars on vehicle insurance, home insurance, health insurance to protect against the unexpected emergencies…Preparing your family by collecting the suppies essential for surviving a natural disaster is no different.
Forged in December 1860, the American flag stands as a prominent symbol of freedom, strength and resolve for the Proud American People.
What does the colors and design mean? The canton (upper left quarter of the flag) displays a blue rectangle with 50 small white stars. The Blue Rectangle represents the “Union” nurturing the 50 states that make up our great nation. Outside of the Canton, there are 13 horizontal stripes, 7 Red and 6 White. These stripes represent the 13 original British colonies that fought for the freedoms that we hold so dear today.
Flag Etiquette: The following list include items that come with the responsibility of “flying” the American flag.
Mexico City experienced an earthquake on Tuesday morning March 26, 2013. As of data from the Associated Press, there has been no injuries reported at this time. Witnesses claim building movement and fear-based reaction from Mexico City residents.
With Natural Disasters, like earthquakes, happening more frequently, it is essential to understand how to prepare for an earthquake and survive its most often deadly trauma.
Preparing for an Earthquake: Here are a few simple rules to follow as assist in earthquake survival.
Preparing now will protect you and your family later. Take the time to put these simple items together to avoid any possible Earthquake threats.
Mobbing is defined as the prolonged malicious harassment of a coworker by an individual or group of employees in an organization to secure the removal from the organization of the one who is targeted. Workplace Bullying or “Mobbing” is further defined by the Workplace Bullying Institute as repeated, health harming mistreatment in the form of verbal abuse, threats, intimidation, humiliation, loss of reputation, work sabotage that undermines the credibility of the target and the removal of the target through termination, extended medical leave or quitting. Mobbing is a traumatizing experience that often results in significant financial, career, health, emotional and social loss.
Bully Bosses or management that engage in mobbing are extremely destructive and degrading. Most often, the mobbing is triggered by a situation which is involves some kind of incident or conflict. After the initial incident, mobbing activities of harassment, aggressive acts and psychological assaults will ensue. Isolation is the mobbers most harmful weapon of choice. According to Selfgrowth.com “Targets are most often chosen by the mobbing group or individual management because of their better than average work performance. Bullies/mobbers often feel threatened by good performers, because it increases their own feelings of inadequacy and shame. Generally, mentally healthy people will embrase working with those that excel, mobbers can’t stand to see someone other than themselves shine.”
How do you know if you are being mobbed in the workplace? 1) Targets will find themselves and their success minimized. 2) Targets opinions will no longer be asked 3) Targets responsibility will be minimized and degraded 4) Targets authority will be taken away 5) Targets are no long asked to participate in planning meetings and special projects pertaining their expertise 6) Targets are not longer in the “loop” of communication and information is purposefully withheld from the target as a specific means of isolation. 7) In extreme cases, targets will be physically and psychologically isolated from the work group. Isolation is the most emotionally painful experience a mentally healthy person can endure and this is why this technique is chosen by the mobber to inflict punishment and torture.
The Bad News: Because mobbing and the act of mobbing’s intention is purpose driven and goal oriented, the target will not find remedy from said mobbing until the goal of removal from the organization or workplace setting is reached by the purpatrator(s). Most targets think that the mobbing will stop once they bring it to the attention of management or enforcement from legal avenues. The truth behind it all is that most often management has become part of the mobbing cruelty and any legal action against them or the company will escalate the abuse on the target. Having enormous impact on health and psychological well being, the target, if choosing to stay in the situation thinking / mistaking the abuse will go away, is putting themselves in harms way. The target will be forced out of the workplace either voluntarily or non-voluntarily…this will be the only resolve for the target.
The following is a true case of mobbing within the workplace (all names have been changed to protect the target). A Financial Consultant, with 23 years of financial expereince and degree, found herself in the middle of a mobbing case after 7 years of working with a modest sized landscape company. Her responsibility when contracted was to advise the owners on financial navigation that served in the company’s best interest and to oversee the internal operations within the Administrative Department / Office Management. The primary owner (wife) had been run out of the everyday oversight in the company by the minority co-owner (husband). With this being complete, the Minority Owner (“Minor”) began making dangerous decisions and un-contracted business deals. He fired the office manager after 8 years of service and brought in another office manager from a bankrupted competitor. The new Office Manager (“Cali”) had a felonious criminal record and an obvious drug problem. Cali, the new office manager, quickly won the ear and support of Minor, the co-owner. She replaced the IT vendor with a person she personally knew and proceeded to have the new IT Vendor set up a remote system from her house of all the servers in the company, both financial and operational. She had complete access of the company and its proprietary information including contracts, from the comfort of her home. As it became apparent that “Cali” had the complete support from “Minor”, she began using the company and field assets for personal gain and use. “Minor” did not see a problem with this infringement of security and continued to believe that he could not run his company without the assistance of “Cali”. The Financial Consultant expressed the massive breach of security countless times over a period of two years. The warnings were received by “Minor” as an inconvenience. “Cali” continued to make unapproved changes to the financial and accounting database (despite only having Office Manager responsibility) putting the company and the owners in dire financial danger. The Financial Contractor continued to warn “Minor” of the infractions, provided financial reports to show the damage being done, yet the response from “Minor” was that the Financial Contractor did not know what she was doing. The Financial Contractor was warned by “minor” that she would lose her contract if she attempted to discuss financials and concerns with the primary owner and Over a period of two years “minor” and “Cali” began a long line of documented horrific abuse. They isolated the Financial Contractor from the other staff, withdrew communication and monthly financial meetings that were normally scheduled, ignored (or sometimes simply filed in the trash) finacial reports and audits on improprieties from the Administrative dept., Human Resource Dept and field navigation (all within Cali’s responsibility). MObbing escalated when “Minor” began having “Cali” review and validate financial reports generated from the Financial Contractor (despite the fact that “Cali” had zero Financial background , zero business experience and a GED to her credit). “Minor” continued to avoid the Financial Contractor, turning to unskilled (shop Manager) and unqualified (office manager) individuals for financial navigation of his company. In the Two years of mobbing experience, the Financial Contractor developed tissue mass growth in her arms, abdomen and pectoral. Her eyebrows fell out and bouts with sickness, depression, lack of confidence, and insomnia dominated her lifestyle. She felt like she was going into war with every Company visit. Her reputation in the financial industry was tarnished and the Financial Consultant’s competency and mental health were brought into question by company co-workers. “Minor’s” abusive and condescending behavior continued toward the Financial Contractor until the Contractor offered her resignation.
Surviving the workplace can sometimes become a hostile situation. In the case of Mobbing, the only solution for the target is to get out of the situation before things escalate beyond repair.
Rapid Fire Bunker has celebrated its first year in business and wants to thank all of our loyal customers!
We continue to grow and our departments continue to expand. Emergency Preparedness is on everyone’s lips. Protecting our families…protecting our communities. In 2012, our nation weathered drought, Hurricane Sandy, and many other natural disaster situations. The one thing that Americans have to rely on is their resilience. We stand tall and help our fellow Americans when they need it the most.
Each week, Rapid Fire Bunker continues to spread education and information on Emergency Preparedness and the word is out. People from all over Colorado and the Country visit the store to catch an inside peek of ideas for building a store of their own. Unfortunately, 95% of them miss the purpose of an Emergency Preparedness store like Rapid Fire Bunker. It is not about making money or benefiting from individuals misfortune…IT IS about helping our fellow community feel safe and secure. The love for our fellow Americans is what continues to draw people into Rapid Fire Bunker. The knowledge and care for our fellow Americans is what keeps them coming back.
Valued Customers, we love you! We open the store every day because of you. We are quickly and methodically expanding because of you!
Keep Calm and Carry On – Steve and Dawn (Rapid Fire Bunker Founders)
“Prepared in mind and resources.” Taking a break from the mad house that Black Friday creates, the team at Rapid Fire Bunker stumbled across the perfect Latin Motto.
Animis Opibusque Parati – Prepared in mind and resources. This Motto is exactly what the “Bunker and its Team” believe in. On a daily basis, customers visit the Rapid Fire Bunker Store in Downtown Littleton and think that they will be stepping into the Doomsday Prepper scenario. Take the sensationalism, nerosis and neoprene out of the equation – we can accommodate any Doomsday Prepper desire.
1) Yes- Rapid Fire Bunker services and educates the community on preparing, resourcing, and identifying unexpected emergencies. Some of our most loyal customers are transplants from Louisiana (Hurricane Katrina) and New York / New Jersey (Hurricane Sandy) who are intimatelyy familiar with Urban Survival and Natural Disaster Preparation.
2) Yes- Rapid Fire Bunker is a locally owned and operated retail store offering preparation resources such as Bug-out-bags, bulk food and food storage, Water Filtration and Purification options, Mace, Solar solutions and don’t forget about the “Man Candy” showroom loaded with Firearms, Knives, Crossbows and Ammunition.
3) Yes- Rapid Fire Bunker carries unique and hard-to-find preparedness items making it possible to pick up all of your survival needs under one roof.
Keep Calm and Carry On
Looking back the devastation of Hurricane Sandy, anyone with a Television, Radio or Internet understands the importance of preparing for Natural Disasters. What food products are safe after an natural disaster renders electricity moot? Lets dive into this question by looking at the items run by readily available electricity in our homes. Electricity runs our heating and air conditioning, our lighting throughout our home and most important…electricity runs our refrigerators.
What happens when the electricity goes out and our fridges begin to warm? What foods are safe, and when should we begin to take concern. Here are a couple of Food Safety tips for power outages and electrical failures:
Nonperishable & Healthy Foods that withstand electrical failures:
1) Dried Fruits, Jerky, canned tuna & other assorted canned meats, Canned soups, canned veggies, canned beans, crackers, whole grain cereals, Dehydrated Foods- Look for them at any Emergency Preparedness Store, Powdered milk, powdered cheese etc.
2) Drinks that will survive lack-of-fridge include soda, water, beer (my favorite)- Beer will last 5-7 months without a cooling element; however the flavor will be influenced and may not taste as “fresh”.
3) After 2 hours, food safety will begin to decline. Foods such as eggs, fish, fresh meat, dairy products, and any leftovers will need a cooling alternative such as packing in snow (if you are lucky enough to be experiencing electrical failure during the snowy winter), or Packing in ice (although this is a temporary solution due to melting points).
4) Because stoves will likely be incapacitated as well during an electrical failure, it is important to consider storing food items that can be cooked without a stove. Mountain House, Wise Food, Backpackers Pantry are among many Freeze Dried products that will allow you to add water and reconstitute food without directly cooking.
Keep Calm and Carry On!