ARE YOU PREPARED?
Oh those crazy Preppers! Remember when were were kids and Dad / Mom read that story about Chicken Little and the Sky Falling! Loved that story…Little did I know that my passion to prepare, educate and providing peace of mind for others wouldn’t be to far from this story line.
Below are some questions you need to begin asking yourself:
- Do you know which disasters are most prevalent in your area? Fire, Earthquake, Blizzard, Blackouts
- Do you have a disaster preparedness plan specific to your family and/or household? Storage in safe?
- Do you know what to do during each type of disaster? Review every 3 -6 months.
- Do you have an emergency checklist for each type of disaster? Check out SOSDisasterPlan.com
- Does your family know what to do when chaos strikes and civility is out the door? Review so that muscle memory takes over in this stressful situation.
- Have you check your supply cache? Do you have a supply store that allows you to restock? Rapid Fire Bunker.
- Do you have enough First Aid stocked to assist your family and neighbors in an unexpected situation.
- What will happen to your pets during a disaster? Do they have a survival bag? Can you transport your Pets?
- Turn off your Power & water. Do this exercise at night without the lights. For 4 hours, how to you function. What things become most apparent to you. Without a fridge, your perishables are wasting away, where are your candles for light? Do you have any dry food if this situation were to continue 24 hours, 48 hours, 72 hours, a month? As a disaster extends over time, the dynamics change exponentially.
- Step it up a bit…Do this exercise in the Winter. Do you have items to keep you and your family warm?
- Are you prepared for ramification caused by panic and loss of civility from fellow civilians?
Keep Calm and Carry On