According to CBS Seattle News Center, lay-offs at the Oregon State Police Dept., a move allowing the Josephine County Sheriff’s Office to Protect and Serve Only Monday thru Friday, led to a woman being violently sexually assaulted by a man breaking into her house. As a result, a woman calling for police protection was refused service. “If he comes inside the residence and assaults you, can you ask him to go away?” responded the dispatcher. http://tiny.iavian.net/10he
My fellow readers, as an individual who has built an entire company, Rapid Fire Bunker (R.F. Bunker) out of supplying protection, gear, equipment and peace-of-mind for my community, friends and family – this article strikes a cord on a whole new level. Let’s take this one issue at a time:
1) Since when does budget cuts provide a two weekend day reprieve for our men and women who take a vow to Protect and Serve the communities of our great nation? Last time I checked, crime and disaster does not take a holiday despite budget cut backs.
2) “Ask him to go away”. This comment from the dispatcher was inexcusable and grounds for immediate termination. There is a myriad of suggestions that the dispatcher should have given instead of “Ask the predator to go away”. a) Dispatcher could have called the Fire Department in an effort to send help to the victim. b) Dispatcher could have suggested running from the house to a friend or neighbor for help and protection. c) Dispatcher could have suggested melting a frying pan full of butter on the stove (to use on the predator)and finding a hiding in the kitchen. d) Dispatcher could have questioned if the victim had Mace, Pepper spray, a knife or other weapon that she could have protected herself with as the predator was breaking into her house… But Asking a potential Victim of Sexual Assualt if they can “Ask the predator to go away”, ranks right up there with urinating on ones self or vomitting on ones self http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/20/justice/colorado-rape-prevention-guidelines as a means of protecting against such a violent crime.
3) Our Men and Women in Law Enforcement put their lives on the line for our communities, yet continue to be pulled in different directions. There are not enough of them to fight crime in every community. We the people can not expect them to be available during every report of crime perpetrated on us as a community or individual. Remember this: These amazing individuals have families too! They put their lives on the line daily, with dwindling ammunition for training and protection. They put their lives on the line daily, as budget cut backs come down from broken financial systems and dysfunctional leadership. We the people of the United States must remember that protecting ourselves is our first line of defense from predators, terrorists and natural disasters. Could this violent crime and unfortunate representation from the dispatcher been avoided if our distant friend would have had protection in her home to fight off the predator? Would this unfortunate event have even occurred if the predator was made aware that this woman had materials to protect herself against any unwanted entry into her home?
Don’t wait until an unexpected event is breaking down your door…Protect yourself! Have a baseball bat, firearm, mace, pepper spray, anything that will protect you and your home against unwanted intruders. Do not wait for the police to arrive to protect yourself. Do not wait for the police to protect you in an immediate violent situation. Every second counts during unexpected emergencies…think ahead and begin protecting yourself, your family, and your community.
Keep Calm and Carry On
Contratulations Christine Fenimore!
Rapid Fire Bunker is proud to present you with your new 72 hour Waterbrick and 234 Piece First Aid Kit.
During the First Aid Room Open House, Rapid Fire Bunker had a drawing give-away for a new 72 hour Waterbrick and 234 Piece First Aid Kit. We thank all the participants and encourage you to follow our facebook postings for more give-aways!
Rapid Fire Bunker carries a large selection of First Aid, Trauma, Triage, Search & Rescue supplies. During Emergency situations, it is essential to stock up on First Aid in your vehicle and at home to accomodate any unexpected disasters.
Rapid Fire Bunker prides itself on being the most reliable Retail Emergency Preparedness supplier-under one roof- in the Country.
George gave Rapid Fire Bunker (The Bunker) and its team the encouragement and strength to build the Bunker and continue the legacy of helping others find security and protection with Emergency Preparedness and preparing for the unexpected. George spent the last year of his life building 72 hour bags and first aid kits for his loved ones, knowing he would not be the one there to protect them. He spent countless hours teaching and sharing survival secrets with his closest friends and family as a method of keeping them safe.
We honor our friend today. We thank him for the inspiration and bravery that he shared with us.
Rapid Fire Bunker carries on his legacy in our community, our country and throughout the world. Thank you George Dorry for helping us find our purpose and giving life and honor to Rapid Fire Bunker.
We love you and miss you dearly.
Keep Calm and Carry On my dear Friend.
Rapid Fire Bunker has celebrated its first year in business and wants to thank all of our loyal customers!
We continue to grow and our departments continue to expand. Emergency Preparedness is on everyone’s lips. Protecting our families…protecting our communities. In 2012, our nation weathered drought, Hurricane Sandy, and many other natural disaster situations. The one thing that Americans have to rely on is their resilience. We stand tall and help our fellow Americans when they need it the most.
Each week, Rapid Fire Bunker continues to spread education and information on Emergency Preparedness and the word is out. People from all over Colorado and the Country visit the store to catch an inside peek of ideas for building a store of their own. Unfortunately, 95% of them miss the purpose of an Emergency Preparedness store like Rapid Fire Bunker. It is not about making money or benefiting from individuals misfortune…IT IS about helping our fellow community feel safe and secure. The love for our fellow Americans is what continues to draw people into Rapid Fire Bunker. The knowledge and care for our fellow Americans is what keeps them coming back.
Valued Customers, we love you! We open the store every day because of you. We are quickly and methodically expanding because of you!
Keep Calm and Carry On – Steve and Dawn (Rapid Fire Bunker Founders)
“Prepared in mind and resources.” Taking a break from the mad house that Black Friday creates, the team at Rapid Fire Bunker stumbled across the perfect Latin Motto.
Animis Opibusque Parati – Prepared in mind and resources. This Motto is exactly what the “Bunker and its Team” believe in. On a daily basis, customers visit the Rapid Fire Bunker Store in Downtown Littleton and think that they will be stepping into the Doomsday Prepper scenario. Take the sensationalism, nerosis and neoprene out of the equation – we can accommodate any Doomsday Prepper desire.
1) Yes- Rapid Fire Bunker services and educates the community on preparing, resourcing, and identifying unexpected emergencies. Some of our most loyal customers are transplants from Louisiana (Hurricane Katrina) and New York / New Jersey (Hurricane Sandy) who are intimatelyy familiar with Urban Survival and Natural Disaster Preparation.
2) Yes- Rapid Fire Bunker is a locally owned and operated retail store offering preparation resources such as Bug-out-bags, bulk food and food storage, Water Filtration and Purification options, Mace, Solar solutions and don’t forget about the “Man Candy” showroom loaded with Firearms, Knives, Crossbows and Ammunition.
3) Yes- Rapid Fire Bunker carries unique and hard-to-find preparedness items making it possible to pick up all of your survival needs under one roof.
Keep Calm and Carry On
Congratulations Chris Neu, Rapid Fire Bunker’s Winner of the Basic Survival Kit Giveaway at the Western Welcome Week Festival on Saturday August 18th, 2012. Western Welcome week created hundreds of new Bunker friends and we thank everyone for stopping by our booth to visit. The Basic Survival Kit sold at Rapid Fire Bunker, is the perfect Emergency kit – offering one person three days of survival items ranging from Food, Water, purification tablets, flashlights, radios, whistles, matches, first aid kit, survival blanket and emergency poncho with hood.
This Basic Survival Kit is perfect for carrying in the trunk of your car or storing in your “Emergency Gear location” inside your residence. This Pre-made Bug out Bag is the perfect gear for a one person bug out.
WE at Rapid Fire Bunker are elated to know one more person in our community has emergency provisions that will protect from unexpected life challenges. Thanks Chris, for making Rapid Fire Bunker your shopping home for Emergency Supplies and Survival Gear.
Brief Description -A bug-out bag is a portable kit that contains the items one would require to survive for seventy-two hourswhen evacuating from a disaster. It is also known as a 72-hour kit, a grab bag, a battle box, and other popular names include “Personal Emergency Relocation Kits” (PERKs) GO Bag and GOOD (Get Out Of Dodge) bag. The focus is on evacuation, rather than long-term survival, distinguishing the bug-out bag from a survival kit, a boating or aviation emergency kit, or a fixed-site disaster supplies kit. The kits are also popular in the survivalism subculture.
Brief Description – We offer CPR Certification and First Aid Certification and upon successful CPR course or First Aid course completion you may order a professional, full-color wall certificate which can be framed for display or a conveniently sized wallet card to accompany you at all times. CPR certification and First Aid certification are issued in exclusive partnership with National Health and Safety Foundation® and are valid for 2 years from date of issue.
Oh those crazy Preppers! Remember when were were kids and Dad / Mom read that story about Chicken Little and the Sky Falling! Loved that story…Little did I know that my passion to prepare, educate and providing peace of mind for others wouldn’t be to far from this story line.
Below are some questions you need to begin asking yourself:
Keep Calm and Carry On
NOTE: What to have ready if the FIT HITS THE SHAN! This Series is a reconstruction from our late friend George. He spent the last year of his life preparing and educating his loved ones about Emergency Preparedness and Protection. We, at Rapid Fire Bunker, dedicate this series to him and thank him for educating us on how to protect ourselves and our loved ones.
If the FIT HITS THE SHAN Series: Part 4 Emergency Supplies
These items should be packed in Large plastic bins (Home Depot, Lowes, Wal-Mart, Target, Ferris Survival Shop off of Broadway-Colorado) that fit comfortably in your vehicle. The above emergency items can be found at Rapid Fire Bunker 5765 S. Curtice Street littleton, Colorado 80120 303-797-8278.
Keep Calm and Carry On