Bug-Out Survival No-Brainer Tips:
1) Keep In Shape! You can’t hike to a Bug-out-location successfully when you are overweight and out-of-shape.
2) Keep your Bug-Out-Bag “Mobile weight”. Rule of Thumb Keep your Mobile Bag no more than 1/3 of your total body weight. A bag is useless if you can not carry it for long distances without fatigue.
3) Take the time to talk to Survival experts and fellow Outdoor enthusiasts for Bag packing techniques.
4) Remember Essentials: Food, Water, Warmth, Fire Starting Material, Filtration and Purification gear, Knife or sharp tools (3 1/2″ or less), Rope (550 Paracord), Rain gear / trashbags to keep you and gear dry, Signalling and communication, light / illumination, First Aid Gear and don’t forget directional gear (compass, maps of terrain).
5) Don’t go cheap on your Bag! Your bag carries everything you need to survive. It is your insurance life-line. Suggested Bags: Drago Bags, Maxpedition Bags, Snug Pack Bags.
6) Like your bag…Don’t cheap out on your knife or survival tool! Cutting Rope, Food, packaging, seat belts, clothing etc is essential to survival situations. A dull knife or survival tool is a very dangerous item which usually result in personal injury.
Prepare now…Protect Later!